You know how I hate high school relationships and everything?Well, I still do, but Alice Young & Andrew Chambers have given me hope that maybe, high school relationships aren't so terrible after all. Honestly, today when I saw them together for the first time, I felt so happy at how perfect they were together. It wasn't overly mushy-gushy. It wasn't like some other couples, who just make you feel awkward and unwanted. They didn't try to pretend like we weren't there and talk about their own couple-y things in their own couple-y corner. They didn't flirt excessively, and even when they flirted, it was too cute to get annoyed over. Because they weren't the couple that said baby and sweetie and all those other advertised love names manufactured by Hollywood, and they didn't try to purposely act mean and unsappy to each other either, just because we were around.
And what really gets me is that he was just as weird and strange as she is. He didn't have those boundaries that limit what a guy can actually do before he's crossed the line into the realm of unmanliness (which doesn't actually mean anything). Just the other day, I had started a post (unfinished, obviously) about how guys care too much about their images, even more than girls possibly, and how they've just got to follow that "bro code" of theirs in order to be accepted and friended. Guys are a lot more judgmental and clique-y than you'd think. And then, here comes Alice's boyfriend, zooming around with her while pretending to be airplanes. They were like the too-cute-to-be-true couple from those TV shows. They were like Jim and Pam. Ugh.
Thanks, guys. It's good to know, Alice, that you actually weren't high when you decided to date that boy. :)
6 comments:
You'll be happy to know that I'm about to go hang out with him right now, and we're gonna play Pokemon together instead of having sex.
Post a Comment