Can we pretend that airplanesI don't think people realize that I love good rap music. Really, rap isn't just for "gangsters" or "wannabe gangsters," or whatever, and just because I'm an Asian girl, doesn't exclude me from being capable of liking music other than Hannah Montana. And rap's most definitely not something that should just be about having sex with girls, like all the mainstream stuff is like nowadays. It's catchy and it makes money, that's for sure, but good rap is emotional, and it's real. It's not afraid to tell it as it is. Have you heard of Dessa? I'll feature a post on her some other time. Eminem's great too. I love slam poetry, how could I not like rap?
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now.
Anyways, B.o.B's a good mainstream rapper, as Ed said. And I gotta say, Hayley Williams was a great choice for this song. She's the lead in Paramore.
2 comments:
i love those lyrics---
Nothin' on You is a great song too.
Post a Comment