Wait, I just went out for a spin
by myself for the first time ever (after all, I got my license today!), and it was just about the most wonderful thing ever. For the first time, I could turn my music up and pull the windows down, feel the warm breeze rushing past me, sing at the top of my lungs and crazily dance with no one to watch me. I had managed to grow up in one day, as sudden and unexpected as this transition from winter to summer. Look at those little teenagers waiting for their parents to pick them up,
ha, I'm way past that age now. It was liberating, it really was.
And then, when I pull back into the garage, I see my dad waiting for me at the door.
Jessie! You can't drive by yourself yet! You don't have insurance! If the police catch you, you'll have nothing to do; it's a traffic violation! You have to wait at least a month for us to buy you insurance, you understand?
Darn. Well, all I can say is, looks like I'm looking toward another month of my slowly deteriorating room. I swear, it's just about ready to spit me out. There's simply no room for me anymore.

This will one day be me. I'm so set on it.
2 comments:
Loool my mom didn't care that I wasn't insured, hahaha. I drove about two months uninsured... Eheheh.
But yeah, I know that feeling! Like... liberation. It is quite exhilarating. I hope I spelled that right.
By the way, Anonymous is me, Mo. Not some creeper. Just so you know.
Post a Comment