Wednesday, April 7, 2010

An Education (is necessary, and fun is not)

Yes, after watching An Education, I have decided that I do in fact care too much about trivial matters, and that I should focus more on my education so that I can get into a good college like Oxford. That I shouldn't run off with men fifteen years older than me and practice having sex with a banana (quote: I don't want to lose my virginity to a fruit!), that I shouldn't trust older men to begin with, and that I should, once again, live a boring, orthodox life inside of a classroom to insure a slightly less boring life in the future. I've also learned that I love British films, and that I should probably get to watching the ones Christine lent me ages ago. I've learnt that there are no shortcuts in life, and that having fun is okay, but only if you can still get into Oxford while you're doing it (thus, having fun is not okay). Goodness, I wish I could be like that girl. Clever, smart, pretty, and able to throw her life away in less than a month. Wait a few more months, and there she is again, older, wiser, and a new student at Oxford.

Realistically, it's not possible. People who throw their lives away usually don't get them back. Second chances aren't practical. If you pass up the chance, then you pass it up forever.

Sorry to be the debbie downer (whatever that means). Here, I'll add a "haha" in here to lighten up the mood. haha.
I did like the movie though. Seemed a bit pedophile-esque, but considering the decade it was set in, I suppose it's okay.








But you know, God gives second chances.

No comments: