
"It's like he would take a photograph of Sam, and the photograph would be beautiful. And he would think that the reason the photograph was beautiful was because of how he took it. If I took it, I would know that the only reason it's beautiful is because of Sam.
I just think it's bad when a boy looks at a girl and thinks that the way he sees the girl is better than the girl actually is. And I think it's bad when the most honest way a boy can look at a girl is through a camera. It's very hard for me to see Sam feel better about herself just because an older boy sees her that way."
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
By the way, guys, beauty is not objective.
You can think someone is beautiful without needing confirmation.
You can be beautiful without someone telling you.
There's no such thing as "lying" about beauty.
You are who you think you are.
And that's that.
And that's that.
No comments:
Post a Comment