Does that not seem just slightly outrageous? Firefighters literally risk their lives as a job description, and what do actresses do? Entertain? No wonder there's a freaking money problem right now. I don't mean to seem ostentatious because the truth is, I have absolutely no inkling about money and economics (it goes right over my head), but I hate that all the rich people who hoard all of this country's money hardly do anything to better this world. Athletes? What do they do, hit a ball, and receive million-dollar contracts?
And the terrible thing is that we're the ones funding it all, and there's really no way to change it all. I can't even help it; the hype around movies are too much to pass up, as I'm sure is the same for the Superbowl and the World Cup and March Madness. And so much money is being spent on these public figures, that we're forgetting the people who actually matter, like the teachers. Oh my gosh it saddens me when I think about all these budget cuts surrounding education. What, no more music education in elementary school? Possibly no more GHP? Cuts on teachers? Larger class sizes? What's the deal? I view education as an extremely important part of our lives that should not be subjected to these budget cuts. And it's not like money is rapidly disappearing from the surface of the earth either, it's still there. It's just all in the banks of Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and Tiger Woods, the people who do so freaking much for this world. You know, Africa could really learn from Tiger Wood's morals, and South America should pick up some intelligence from Paris Hilton. What are they even making money for? Oh my gosh, we're one of the richest nations in the world, and we can't even fund education. Maybe I'm just not getting this; someone please enlighten me of the way economics works.
I hate people, I really do sometimes. And I'm so scared for my children. If I even have any. At this rate, it seems like the world really will end soon.
3 comments:
Actors are more talented than firefighters. It sounds cruel, but the reality is that anyone can do some weight-training and put his life on the line, but it takes some real skill to act so convincingly that people will watch the movie.
And the reality is that firefighters are government-funded. Can the government really afford to pay every single firefighter millions for their income?
"I can't even help it; the hype around movies are too much to pass up, as I'm sure is the same for the Superbowl and the World Cup and March Madness."
If you realize the inevitability of the situation, there's not point in complaining, is there? You yourself admit that there's no way to change it all.
This is true. I should stop, shouldn't I? Ah, but it's also true that complaining feels so good, and even though it might not change anything, it's still good to think about things and realize that there are actually problems in the world outside our little bubbles. And it's an acceptance and realization of this inevitability that causes truly motivated and compassionate people to go to third-world countries and help, since they're the ones who already /know/ they won't make money and still go anyways. It'd just be a whole lot easier if you could get paid loads on the job.
Plus it really does bother me, and it IS a problem with all these teacher cuts. But hey, that's what happens with government-funded things, right? Won't ever change.
Oh, and the other thing is that you can be a terrible actress and still earn millions. Just look at high school musical.
Economics = supply and demand.
"I can't even help it; the hype around movies are too much to pass up, as I'm sure is the same for the Superbowl and the World Cup and March Madness."
Yuh. The only thing that we can do about useless people making too much money is go socialist. Which is not favorable.
Post a Comment