Friday, October 2, 2009

My "First" Post

Hello world.
Did you know? This isn't the first time I've said hello to you before. No, this is probably the fourth or fifth time. Sorry, but I'm always in disguise, so you probably didn't know that I'm the same person. That's understandable. After all, I do specialize in that area. I'd say that I'm like a masked vigilante, but the thing is, I'm not actually a vigilante. See, I don't save the helpless and needy at the stroke of midnight, flying around with a fist stretched forward and a cape fluttering boldly behind. And I most certainly don't oversee my little city of Johns Creek and pick out the bad guys the way I pick out little grammar mistakes in essays. Ha- if only I could. I disguise myself because I'm a coward. Am I familiar now? Do you remember me, do I ring a bell? Can you recognize me from all those other blogs that I've tried to set up? I do admit though, I did actually reveal a little more of myself in my last blog (before I stopped blogging).

So in all honesty, I don't know why I'm starting over again.
Oh, I know. For a new kind of disguise. A new kind of persona that I can hide behind, an appearance that I can mold and create into the perfect, thoughtful, and insightful girl. The girl who's always humble, and who knows how to be funny, and who's smart and intelligent and every teacher's favorite. The one who struggles enough to have something to write about, but who's positive and joyful enough to twist those bad situations into better ones, to brush them off in an "oh-it'll-get-better-and-since-i'm-getting-better-you-should-be-inspired-by-my-deep-and-insightful-posts" kind of manner. Yes, that's who I'll be this time.

I'm just kidding.
I'll try to be myself this time.
But, World, you have to agree to do something for me too; this has to be a mutual relationship. I can't just unmask myself and show this hideous monster, not without some kind of reward. So can you promise to simply let me be for once? Can't you just forgive my imperfections? Look past them? Why do you have to make them into gaping holes for everyone to pounce on and trample over? I'm a bit tired of it.

Let's see how you like being trampled on, World.
Oh wait, six billion people already do...
Hm, I guess it's not so bad for me after all, compared to your misfortunes. No wonder you want to take it out on me. Sorry.

Guess I'll just stop walking on you for now.

No comments: