I forgot to write about something that happened yesterday- a small a little action that makes me smile every time I think about it. After I had finished my physics test and was in the worst mood possible, I had rushed out of the room knowing that I only had a few seconds to make it to my next class. When I pushed open the doors at the end of the hall and was greeted by a huge downpour of rain, the first thing I thought was, crap. And I was so immersed in all my self-pity and stupidity that I failed to notice that a guy was standing there when I opened the door. I jumped a little when he talked; he said, "Hey, good luck." I was so startled when I looked into this stranger's face that the only thing I could stutter back was a weak "th-thanks" before striding away in the opposite direction. I expected to hear laughter from the other side; I thought that it was some sort of joke, that he was trying to look cool in front of his friends, whatever this whatever that. But it was silent save the pounding rain. And then the words began to sink in. Good luck. He didn't say good luck for what, just a simple good luck. For school, for my future, for life. And when I thought about all the troubles and worries and anxieties that would sometimes overtake me, I realized the truth behind the consoling response I'd always say to my troubled friends- It's going to be okay. Because it really, really will. And sometimes the best thing you can say to yourself is good luck. Try hard. It's going to be okay.
So yes, today was a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment