Sunday, February 21, 2010

good, good, good. kindof.

**This is extremely frustrating. I began typing this entry yesterday, when I got interrupted by my dad, who was looking over my shoulder. He grunted, "what's that?" And I replied with a timid "oh, it's a blog." At which he responded by going on a rampage and saying I had better things to do. So I logged off and now, I've lost my train of thought. All I know is that today was a terrible day.
---

Every time I finally have something to blog about, there seems to be a huge list of things to talk about (like that post with nine things), and sometimes I wonder why these events couldn't have been spaced out more. Oye.

Firstly, my laptop crashed, and the stupid thing won't revitalize. I wonder now if it was because I spent the majority of yesterday playing minesweeper, but it's frustrating, because now I must share this computer with my brother (who usually spends about 8 hours on it and who also refuses to share the majority of time), I lost the entirety of my music that I've been collecting for a while, I also lost the poem that I was going to read this Saturday at coffee house, and I lost my history! I don't mean to complain, but this just sucks.

Secondly, it's been a bad/frustrating day for the entire family, and my mom was fighting back a scream as she laughed, "Gee, we've just been breaking everything today." She broke her glasses, my dad broke his finger (okay, he cut it), and I broke my laptop. It really is a joyous Sunday.

Okay, now on to other things that I would've talked about had it not been for these misfortunes..

This past weekend, I went to a state debate tournament to judge (and ended up judging varsity finals, which is just a tad illegitimate because these are the guys who I usually debate and who usually beat me. And yet, I was still one of the better judges, which is sad). Anyways, I would like to comment on the actions of one particular guy, who I thought I had lost respect for; he's done a lot of crap in his life that I don't approve of. So when we were playing "never have I ever," and one sophomore girl proudly declared that she had drank some alcohol before (and all her little friends swooned at her feet), I expected him to approve. I opened my mouth to protest, but I was surprised to find a voice that was not my own, but his, telling them that drinking is not good. I raised my eyebrow, silently suppressing a cough in the dark humidity of the bus. Did he just say that? I looked up at him (I was sitting on the floor) to confirm my doubts, and sure enough, he continued talking, bashing on their ideas of what it meant to be cool.

And I felt pride swelling up in me. I'm not sure why I of all people did, but quite honestly, I'm glad he's not as bad as I've portrayed him to be. Yes, he's still bad. But at least his head's screwed on a little tighter than I thought it was, and that just makes me sleep a little bit better at night. At least he's still got his morals (somewhat). Thank goodness.

See, I told you guys. There is some good still left in people, even the people who you thought were hopeless.

[ insert picture here that would have been saved on my laptop which is now dead ]

--- end yesterday's post, start today's.
Now, I will complain and gripe some more, because that's what a blog is for.

Ah, nevermind. I've got better things to do than complain about a past that I can't change. All I can hope for is a better day tomorrow, right? Peace out, guys. I'm sick and need some sleep; I've halfway gone insane too.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

aw jessie! :( sounds like a horrible day..
i guess that goes w/ what we were saying about judging people. and you don't always know everything
feel better love!! :D :D :D <3