Monday, January 25, 2010

today, i wore eyeliner.

The problem with make-up is that it feels so good. Not that it literally feels good, having all that cakey powdery black stuff on your face, but that it makes you feel so much prettier.

Today, I decided to put on some eyeliner and mascara and pull my "bangs" (it's too long to be bangs and too short to be regular hair... GROW!) back and look pretty for once, and throughout the entire day I got comments like, "wow, you look so different, so much prettier!" and "is that eyeliner? It looks so good!" And I'm thinking in my head, what the hell. I know they mean well, but it's really sad, you know, because they're only encouraging me to wear this fake artificial stuff.

Sometimes I wish I didn't need this kind of shallow support to keep me going.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

aw jessie you're beautifuls already without it all <3 natural~~
make up does make girls feel much more confident and prettier though. just tools of enhancement.
you got God and your awesome friends to keep you going :)
LOL at video.
and i love that song mucho muchos too
|
|
V
(that's an arrow btw x])

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with enhancing what you already have. It is only when you place too much value in one aspect of yourself that beauty becomes a beast.

mo said...

Jessie, if it makes you feel more comfortable about the world and its people, I am one of those people who would be like "Wtf why are you wearing makeup." Because I'm one of those people who think people look best when they look natural.

That means I like you the way you are
!

epsi said...

haha. for me it's the opposite. i freak out inside when wearing makeup because i'm so used to not wearing it and i'm convinced it worsens everything because i'm failing at putting it on or whatever.

if that made sense.

on another semi-unrelated note, my appreciation for photos of girls published in magazines and advertisements and fashion-y things drastically decreased after i learned how to photoshop.

BTW - you're pretty without makeup (or photoshop) too.