Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bad = Cool ?

I don't understand, why we find it so necessary and so tempting and so enthralling to be bad. Don't get me wrong, I fall victim to it too. But when we take a step back and look at the big picture here, we just look like bumbling idiots grasping onto an absolute nothing. I mean, what is it? Is it cool to be bad? Like, where did that even come from? I've always wondered that- how did the "popular people" become "popular," and what does that even mean? Does it mean you party more? You sneak out at night? You drink? You smoke? You're not afraid to walk around with skimpy skirts and lie with boys you've never even met before? Call me extreme, but you've got to wonder- what's the point? Who are you trying to impress? And since when was "being bad" something that impressed someone?

People, we've got it all mixed up, and it's bothering me. Gosh I know it's the whole individualism hedonistic thing, but really, exploiting pleasure and squeezing it to its death honestly won't make you happy. If you're looking for happiness, the bad side isn't going to get it for you. There are things in this world (or should I say out of this world) that are much greater than you being cool.

Besides, I already know I'm cool. You don't got to tell me, foo'. :)


On another note, I watched Avatar today, and it was amazing. It exceeded my expectations, which, mind you, were already really high from all the hype going around about the movie. But holy crap, the graphics were so mesmerizing, and I almost forgot for a few seconds that I was sitting in a movie theater in Johns Creek, and not in the middle of action on the planet of Pandora. And let the tears flow too; I could not stop bawling when that tree fell down, because I just felt so helpless. And this is me getting emotional about moving pictures on a screen, because nothing exciting like this ever happens to me in my life. Oh, how I want a bird to fly on...

I also took the SATs today, which were alright. Not much to say about those until the scores come out. But seriously, I felt like I was bubbling in my death wish as I took that test, haha.

So, that's it! More webassign time, yay!
Aw, shoot. I forgot to practice piano today.

Btw- thanks guys for commenting!!! It took me long enough to embed that code in there, and I'm glad to see that it's being used. SUCCESS!!

No comments: