I forgot what I was supposed to write about.
All I can really think about is how I still have so much things to do... and how Saturday might be one of the worst days I'll ever experience. You know, it feels like I've been preparing my entire life for this test. Classes ever since seventh grade that never really helped, trying to stuff equations that I didn't understand into my undeveloped head, attempting to grasp the long vocabulary words and realizing that they were nowhere near the ones that I stumbled along in Harry Potter. It's relieving to see though, after a few practice tests, that things have clicked in these past few weeks- but still not enough to satisfy me. Not enough to satisfy the five long years of anticipation of this dreaded moment.
Except the thing is... I can just retake it. So really, it's pretty anticlimactic.
I think I already wrote a post complaining about SATs before. Which brings me back to how I complain too much... see how I completed the circle? Pretty awesome (who, me? Nawwww, you're definitely more awesome!) Ohmygosh, which brings me to another point. I like complimenting people. But then what do I do when the complimentee snaps her head up with a determined fiery look in her eyes and drawls out a "nooo, you're sooooo much better!" or a "giiiiirl you're like soooooooo much prettier!" Am I supposed to argue back? Because then we'd look like two brainlessly preppy girl having a completely pointless conversation about who's prettier, that'd go something like this:
me: you look so pretty today!her: no way, YOU look so pretty!me: have you seen yourself? You're so much prettier!her: hello? YOU are! I'm so jealous!
me: girl you have no reason to be jealous! You're so pretty!her: Can you just stop it? You're prettier, and that's it.me: no!
Which is, quite obviously, a ridiculous conversation. But then, if I casually laugh, I'll look like a jerk/bad friend/conceited brat who's self-centered enough to not compliment her back. So then it'd just go like this:
me: you look so pretty today!her: aw thanks! you do too!me: haha. -hair toss-
You see my dilemma? But I'm probably overanalyzing things, because I don't actually recall a time when this has happened to me... lack of compliment-returning, perhaps? Haha, just kidding guys. I'm just awfully tired.

1 comment:
stalking you over the interwebs before i go sleep.
DON'T WORRY. You are more than your SAT score, and a college that fails to see that does not deserve you as a student.
beh. you're probably over-analyzing things. idk. typically, i'm walking from point a to point b if/when i'm complimenting people. And so, the second scenario generally happens. harhar.
Get to sleep. I love you!
PS: I'm growing my hair out.
Post a Comment