Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Envy

Oh, I know what it is. I get jealous. Of people who seem to know where they're going, already. Or of people who knew and did something about it.

Both of whom are not me.


4 comments:

gojunhogo said...

I don't think that's necessarily true. People who are either agnostic or athiest can still do good. I think it's natural for anyone to want to help someone to feel good that they made a difference regardless of how trivial it was. Yes, morals are very much emphasized with God but some could argue that morals could be based on what a person believes is right. Many people may believe that crimes like murder or theft are wrong not because it is written in any kind of holy text, but because they feel that it is a morally incorrect action.

vampirephoenix2211 said...

HELLO :) Oh okay :P Well no English is not the main language here. It's malay. But I speak English more fluently I guess. Yes, yay this is like a pen pal sorta thing! In a way.

Email please? :D

Nah Brunei's not all that cool. In fact it's kinda hot here. Okayy that was lame :P

Are you from the US?

Haha sokay if you ask questions :) And I'm sixteen too :)

gojunhogo said...

I can see your point and I agree. Many wealthy people donate to the poor but that doesn't mean that they're doing it for the greater good. I definitely believe that belief in God and following Jesus is a much more effective way of obtaining morals.

But, even if the "job is done", it doesn't necessarily mean that all is good. For instance, if a coal company claims it was going to support cleaning wildlife and protecting it, the effect of such an announcement would cause people to give sympathy towards that company, so does this invalidate the "good deed" they're doing? Does doing good for one thing justify a bad thing? I don't know either.

Kristen said...

i love this picture. so much. you're a good photographer :)