Today, we drove two hours all the way to Rome, Georgia to test out the freaking piano for thirty minutes. Tomorrow, we have to drive down there again for the real competition. Ohgosh. But anyways, after testing out the piano, my mom took the piano teacher out to eat, and it was awfully and awkwardly interesting. So we were in the car on the way home, when my mom asks him if he wants to go out to eat. He replies with a hesitant "mmm" and a "Well... no, I think I'm fine" until my mom insists that she'll treat him and pay the bill. At that, my piano teacher sprung up a little in his seat and slurred out an excited "Reeeally?? I guess we can just stop by somewhere then!" And so we did.
We parked in front of a restaurant called "The Sizzlin' Western".
Now, my piano teacher, thinking that he knows everything, takes one glance at the sign and says, "Oooh, this is a steak place? Yes, steak is perfect for the night before a piano competition. Always eat steak before piano competition." Except I did not want steak. So I ordered pasta.
My mom decided she'd order chop, or something like that.
Mom: Could I get the chops, please?
Cashier: Sure, how do you want it made?
Mom: Um... well done?
Piano teacher: Ooooh.. well done? No, I don't think that's right.
Mom: Oh okay... medium then. Wait actually, could I get the T-bone?
Piano teacher: Ooooh... the T-bone? No no, you shouldn't get that. Too much fat.
Mom: Okay... I'll just go back to the chop then.
-pays money-
Piano teacher: Oooh wait a second, you shouldn't get the chop. It's like a hamburger pattie. It's different. No no no.
Mom: Okay... um.
Piano teacher: You should get the sirloin.
Mom: Okay, can I still change my order?
Cashier: -is fuming-
The owner of the shop was super nice and let us change the order without having to pay any extra money. It was only because we were asian, and she was asian, and we were able to have a grand old ball being asian together. Seriously, she stopped by our table every few minutes to talk in Chinese and check to see if everything was alright; it was nice though. I could tell she was glad to have people from the same culture finally come to the Sizzlin' Western. All the other waitresses were nice too, with the southern accents and lingo (they called silverware "flatware"!) Oh, and the piano teacher really wanted me to have that steak (he wouldn't let up on it), and he made me and my mother switch our meals. So I ate the stupid steak.
But I mean, it's nice that he knows so much about nutrition, I guess. Being healthy's always important. Haha, when we were walking out, he saw the owner's daughter, and he goes, "Hello there. You look very healthy!" And then we left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
is he Mr. Hsiang?
xD
hahaha yes he is :3
Hahaha. I miss Mr. Hsiang. I could imagine him saying these stuff.
Post a Comment